Donate to the St. Vrain restore
Drop off donations or schedule pick-up!
1351 Sherman Drive, Longmont
Donate Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm
Looking to donate your time instead? Sign-up here.
- Custom countertops & cabinets
- Doors: solid core, paneled, storm
- Flooring: tile, hardwood, vinyl, new carpet/pads, area rug
- Light fixtures/ceiling fans
- Lumber (like new): stick lumber no less than 6', trim no less than 4', sheet goods no less than ¼ sheet
- Paint/Stains: unopened containers & cans
- Pipe/Fittings: PVC, steel, copper, PEX
- Bathroom Fixtures: tubs, sinks, showers, toilets, faucets, fittings
- Roofing: gutter, sheeting, new shingles
- Windows: complete units, double pane
- Hardware/Electrical: nails, screws, nuts/bolts, switches, outlets, new plates, new wiring
- Landscaping: masonry bricks, blocks, pavers, stone, fencing
We have a few guidelines to ensure your donation process is a success!
- Donations may be eligible for a tax-deductible donation receipt.
- All donations must be in good and re-usable/saleable condition.
- All donations must be approved and are accepted/received at the ReStore's discretion. The lists below are general guidelines. Keep in mind the lists are not all inclusive and acceptance of donations are up to staff discretion.
- All donations must be clean and in working order with all parts.
- Furniture donations must not have stains, tears, pet damage, extensive wear, burn holes, or extensive odors.
- All appliances must be less than ten years old, clean, no visible rust, and in good working condition.
- The ReStore staff does not repair, recycle, or dispose of un-useable or un-saleable items on behalf of donors.
- The ReStore reserves the right to refuse items based on space allocations or item condition.
Here are examples of things we accept:
Large and Small Appliances
- Washers/Dryers: Gas or electric
- Ranges/Ovens/Cook-tops: Gas or electric
- Water Heaters: Gas, electric, or tankless
- Small Kitchen Appliances: Microwaves, Toasters, Blenders
- Televisions: Flat screens only
- Computer Monitors: Flat screens only
- Living Room: sofas, loveseats, chairs, coffee tables, side tables
- Dining Room: tables, chairs, china cabinets
- Bed Room: dressers, night stands, complete bed frames (head/foot boards, side rails)
- Office: Please inquire. Up to ReStore staff discretion.
- Patio furniture
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools: must have working batteries/chargers
We may be unable to accept your donation for a variety of reasons, including:
- the ReStore does not sell the category of the item
- the item is damaged, dirty, rusting, or missing pieces or parts
- the ReStore does not have necessary storage space
- the item is too old
- the item does not meet additional quality standards
- Kitchen: Cookware, bake ware, glassware, dishes, & utensils
- Lamps: in working condition with undamaged cords
- Home and garden decor
- Toys & activities
- Holiday decor
New Window Coverings
- Must be in box
- All hardware must be included
- Camping/fishing gear
- Exercise equipment
Heating & Cooling
- Swamp coolers
- Window-mount air conditioners
- Furnaces, heat pumps, AC Compressors: (less than 5 years old)
- Humidifiers/ Dehumidifiers: (must be clean & functional)
- Venting and Ductwork: (must be intact & undamaged)
Here are examples of items we do not accept:
- Sleeper sofa beds
- Aluminum framed windows
- Un-framed glass/mirrors
- Used Mattresses/box springs
- Pre-owned Futons
- Copy/fax machines
- Console televisions/old style televisions
- Un-packaged blinds or shades
- Previously opened/used paint/stains/spray paints
Titled Donation: Cars, Boats, Trailer, & Ranch Equipment
- All titled donations must go through 'Cars for Homes' by contacting (877) 277-4344 or visiting www.habitat.org/CarsForHomes.
- Be sure to include the Habitat ReStore which the donation goes to: i.e. "Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley ReStore, Longmont, CO."
We offer free pick-up of large furniture and other valuable items. Call (303) 776-3334 to schedule a pick-up!
- All pick-ups are scheduled 5-7 days in advance or 1-2 weeks during busy seasons.
- We cannot enter a residence. All donated items must be in a garage or outside on a ground level and accessible to our drivers.
- For our drivers' safety, we may not be able to go up and down stairs.
- Drivers may decline to pick-up a donation if they cannot safely retrieve the item or if the item is not in saleable condition.