Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) Mission statement: Neighborhood Revitalization affiliates serve more families by responding to community aspirations with an expanded array of products, services and partnerships, empowering residents to revive their neighborhoods and enhance their quality of life.
Principles that guide Neighborhood Revitalization work:
1. We will work in a distinct, definable neighborhood
2. We will assume an asset-based approach to working with the neighborhood
3. We will adopt a humble, listen approach to those in the community
4. We will identify, respect and honor those who speak on behalf of the community
5. We will recognize that housing is one component of a community development strategy
6. We will offer a range of housing products and services to contribute to the community’s aspirations
7. We will make a multi-year commitment to the neighborhood in which we work
8. We will commit to a process that holds the participants accountable to evaluating our work
NR started as an initiative by Habitat for Humanity International in 2010 in an effort to serve more families in a holistic way through building communities. NR has since successfully spread to over 260 of the 1500 Habitat affiliates in the US, who are now serving over 60% of all families served by Habitat in the U.S. St. Vrain Habitat adopted the Neighborhood Revitalization program in Fall of 2015 and has chosen to partner with The Glens neighborhood in Dacono. HFHSVV has been working in The Glens building new homes since 2009. Habitat will continue building new homes to support the NR efforts in The Glens, is piloting a Critical Home Repair program, and will support other Community Projects.
Habitat for Humanity is in the process of forming a Neighborhood Coalition made up of residents of The Glens. This coalition will speak on behalf of the community to create a Neighborhood Plan with different community projects that support the neighborhood as a whole.
If you or anyone you know would be interested in joining this coalition or participating in community projects contact NR Manager, Nicole Stanek, 303-682-2485 ext. 8
Habitat is also looking to form partnerships with other agencies, organizations, businesses, local municipality and anyone who represents the community to implement community projects.
Current needs and events:
- Resident Learning Conversations: If you or someone you know lives in The Glens in Dacono and would like provide input and feedback on living in the neighborhood and improvements you would like to see please contact Nicole!
For Questions Contact:
Neighborhood Revitalization Manager
303-682-2485 ext. 8