Homeownership in Lyons
Applications for Boulder County Flood impacted and/or people connected with the Lyons community are now available! Applicants must first attend the orientation in person OR watch it online. Applicants must then complete a quiz that will be provided with the orientation before receiving an application. The only applicants who will be considered for this selection round are people who were in Boulder County and were impacted by the flood of 2013 OR are residents of Lyons OR currently work in Lyons OR go to school in Lyons. If you are not sure whether you can be considered in this round, please contact Erin Minaya at 303-682-2485, ext. 104.
In Person Orientation: In person-March 25th 10am, Rogers Hall, Lyons (400 High St; Lyons, Colorado 80540)
Online Orientation: Will be available March 13th-24th! Watch the video below, complete the quiz, and return it to our office by March 24th in order to pick up the application. Habitat's office is located at 303 Atwood St. in Longmont. Please call ahead before coming to the office to ensure someone will be there to help you.
For information on the homeownership application process click here.
In order to be selected as a homeowner applicants must be a legal permanent resident or citizen of the United States
· Displaced from residence in Lyons by 2013 flood,or in Boulder County and impacted by the flood of 2013, or are residents of Lyons OR currently work in Lyons OR go to school in Lyons.
Willingness to Partner (for Example):
· Attend an orientation or watch online
· Complete and turn in all paperwork on time
· Attend all required classes once selected
· Complete all “sweat equity” hours before
moving into your home
Ability to Pay:
· Meet income and credit guidelines and be able to save $500-$1,000 for closing costs.